Wednesday, May 02, 2007

April Recap

I haven't abandoned blogging. I promise. But April was one of the busiest months EVER! However, I just turned in my last paper of the semester and have nearly triaged the latest disaster in my work as professor's slave. (Can I just tell you how happy I am that we're moving and I don't "GET" to renew my fellowship next year--I'm ready for my manumission papers!)

Here are a few highlights:

April 6: National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center. One of the beautiful things about being a student in DC is the $10 Kennedy Center Tickets. This is a show that my husband chose from list of monthly options. Something you may already know about Tim is that he likes weird music --70s Progressive Rock to be exact. Something you may not know about Tim is that this weird music hobby (read: obsession) results in him having an unbelievable amount of knowledge and appreciation for classical music in general and Russian composers in particular. On this night we were lucky enough to see a Liszt piano concerto and one of my faves, Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet. (Almost as good as it was on the grounds of Warwick Castle, Lou!)

April 15: Found out that my dear friend Leslie Croshaw is engaged! Congrats. I can't for the wedding in Mexico!

April 17-23: Tim abandoned me to work in AZ for a week. I was lonely and spent the week writing, but he worked, enjoyed a lot of volleyball and Mexican food and is even more excited about our upcoming move to AZ.

April 20: Submitted my commitment to present a paper at the British Educational Research Association's conference in London in September. Hmmm...how convenient that this conference is in London and that my school might pay for part of the trip :) I'm counting the days.

April 24: Happy Belated Valentine's Day! The valentine's day concert that was cancelled due to the February 14th blizzard was rescheduled for this day. We saw Paul Green's School of Rock All-Stars (yes, like the movie) playing with the lead singer of Tim's favorite band, YES. It was so much fun. These kids were unbelievably talented and Jon Anderson was fantastic. My appreciation for Tim's musical taste is ever increasing. We had a stage front table, where we ate dinner while we watched the show. A great night out.

April 26: Sold some of our furniture to the peeps that are moving into our apartment. The move is starting to seem real.

April 28: Monthly trip to the Washington DC temple. Great as always. Although a bit disappointing because we were geared up for our first ever temple cafeteria experience and were told that they had recently closed the cafeteria and installed vending machines instead. (Serious bummer. I had been talking about funeral potatoes and jello all day)We then stayed to watch Heather pay homage to all things polynesian (especially Koko) at the BYU Hawaii Polynesian Dance Festival at the DC Temple visitor's center. The girl can seriously dance...especially the Tahitian.

We move in less than 2 weeks...
Time to start packing.

1 comments:

Louise said...

I LOVE that you do a monthly highlights too - when I saw you had gone to the Kennedy centre I thought about our trip to Warwick castle and then you mentioned it! We are in synch!

I am counting the days until you come to the UK!! I seriously cannot wait - and slumber party in London is ON!!! :o) I'll email soon!

Lots of love
Lou xx