Friday, March 07, 2008

7 things you might not know about me...

My sister Elise tagged me ages ago and I never posted, so here are a few lesser known things about me...

  1. I have ALWAYS been a nerd. This actually might be one of the more well-known items on this list, but I can't deny it. My diary from the 3rd grade includes an itemized cost-analysis spreadsheet of my Lemonade stand in 1985. Otter Pops were by far the most profitable.
  2. I talk in my sleep. Apparently, I speak a slurred German/English/Spanish/Alien hybrid language. Poor Tim. My BF and former roommate, Louise, can confirm this. Although, when Lou and I lived together, I was more of an English-speaking shepherd/cattle rancher in my sleep.
  3. I love Dolly Parton. Not in an everyday sort of way, but her voice makes me happy. Not surprisingly, my eclectic music tastes have only gotten stranger since I met Tim.
  4. I was once a card-carrying, politically active member of the Republican Party. This might be shocking to those of you who have only known me in the last 5 or 6 years.
  5. I can't brush my teeth without gagging myself. A fact that can be confirmed by every roommate and houseguest I've ever had. New roommates usually thought they needed to either a) give me the Heimlich maneuver or b) stage a Bulemia intervention. Nope, just a senstive gag reflex.
  6. I have little to no short-term memory. I'm like a goldfish. I once found my keys in the freezer. I lost movie tickets between the box office and entrance. It's serious. I blame the surgeries and the narcotic pain killers...and, perhaps, Diet Coke. I fear for my future children.
  7. I was once on the US government's Passport Watch List. I guess they frown on applying for 4 passports in 5 years...something about passport laundering. (See #6 above for the cause). In the midst of my passport troubles, I found myself locked in an interrogation room in the US Embassy in London swearing my allegiance to the USA and promising that I was not involved in any activities that might undermine the US government. It's true. I've been off of the list for about 3 years and Tim now handles all important documents when we travel. :)

I won't tag any of you by name and induce the blogcrastination guilt. However, if you would like to share some of your oddities with public and posterity, I would love to read them.

3 comments:

Jane said...

It is things like these that make me love you more. That was fun to read.

Cheryl said...

I love you Weena! That was hilarious! Since I've been prego, the gagging when I brush my teeth has gotten 100x's worse! Especially in my 1st trimester. I tried using kid's Barbie-Bubble-gum flavored toothpaste and it was a little better.

Breena said...

Goo--you'll use any excuse to use Barbie bubble gum toothpaste. Hilarious.