Friday, October 16, 2009

Half Way There...

Yes, that's right, I'm pregnant! I'm a few days shy of the 20 week mark and it's a GIRL! I'm due in March. We're very excited.

The last couple of weeks have been really scary and humbling. We've had some pregnancy complications and fears about chromosomal disorders and other things, but after multiple tests, high-level ultrasounds and an amniocentesis, the docs are almost positive that she's perfectly healthy. We just got the test results today and couldn't be more thrilled. (Shout out to the Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals. Seriously amazing healthcare here in Cleveland. The fact that the top NICU, reproductive and neonatal specialists in the nation are here has given me some peace of mind over the last couple of weeks).

So here's to the little belly that has just recently emerged and to a healthy baby girl!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

how exciting! so glad she's healthy! are you still coming to hawaii? i'm so excited to see you!

shamers said...

congratulations, breena. so excited for you two!

Laura said...

So happy to hear everything is ok! We are so excited for you guys. x0

Tauna said...

Hooray for girls!!! Congrats and I'm glad she (and you too) is doing well.

CHAD & ELISE TYSICK said...

I can't beleive you're already halfway there! YEah! IM glad she's nice and healthy!

The Doughracle said...

Wow - congratulations!!! - guess it's not so bad in the Cleve after all? :)

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW! Congratulations! Glad the scare is over. I'm sure she'll be beautiful and perfect.

laura t said...

Congratulations to you both - you must be so relieved to know all will be well. I'm soo excited for you both :-) x