Monday, October 09, 2006

Welcome to our blog!

2 comments:

momanddad said...

I think this is a fun idea. I see what you mean about how some blogs end up seeming kind of whiny. I can hardly wait until your brothers get on and tell you how cold it was at the top of Mt. Whitney!
We spent an hour or two in the American Indian Museum when we were there. It was long enough to be very impressed with the philosophical basis for some of the traditions of various tribes, etc. It was totally cool (but not in the same way as it was for you)!
Well, our recent trip to Zion's will definitely go down in history as something fun. I hope the grandkids had as much fun with it all as mom and I. Although one of the more memorable things was actually negative. I picked up a few things at Wal-Mart, and it came to $17.76. I made the comment that that was a good year, and the rude young clerk said she wasn't even born then. I guess I looked like I was maybe a teenager during the Revolutionary War or something to her. Anyway, it was a fun weekend for a couple of old revolutionary war folks.
Love,
Dad (and Mom)

momanddad said...

I am happpy to blog anytime, but this doesn't take the place of my Sunday call! O.K.??? Call me old fashioned, but I like to hear my kids' voices.
Zion's was beautiful yesterday. Yes, Tim, the sun does still exist. We saw it for the first time in several weeks at Zion's. Besides, the groundhog did NOT see his shadow. That means that spring is coming sooner rather than later.
The Marriott in Cedar was amazing! We had a grand time. We were the only ones in the new swimming pool. We slept in the softest, most comfortable beds and ate the best "continental" breakfasts,(topped only by the brunch that Ken made us before we left Cedar!) The front desk even knew your dad's name when he went to check out! THANKS BREENA! I'll write your dad a thank you note.
Thanks to everyone who humored, entertained, fed, and endured another weekend with Mom and Dad.
Love, Mom