News Story heard before Black Friday--the biggest shopping day of the year:
"A recent poll found that a majority of people are not PLANNING to make any IMPULSE purchases this year"
Tim and I almost fell off the couch laughing. I still have a few questions for the minority of people who WERE PLANNING to make IMPULSE purchases. The news anchor didn't bat an eye while reading the story. Props.
In honor of this award-winning news segment, I'm planning some impulsivity into my upcoming holiday adventures:
- I will try eggnog again (haven't tried it since the nog disaster of 1987),
- I will attempt to let Ann teach me how to bake one of her holiday pastry masterpieces (hmmm...on second thought, maybe I'll just eat them),
- I won't (ineffectively) attempt to hide my cellulite on the beach in Hawaii (maybe if I'd stop enjoying Ann's pastry wonders this wouldn't be a problem), and
- I won't bother sending Christmas cards (ok, the truth is I just didn't get to it. Sorry. Bah Humbug. The Gert Jonny's will have to wait until next year. Not the overachiever you thought I was.)

5 comments:
That is so funny. I wasn't planning on impulse buying but did plenty of it anyway.
I actually planned on having all my Christmas shopping done by now and guess what I have not even started...Pathetic.
I wish I was joining you on the beaches of Hawaii. When you get back we are planning something for January and I am serious about it.
Oh no - food poisoning :( wow that must have been a fun Christmas! :) Andrew had that on our anniversary trip to Hainan this year - yes it was very romantic :)
By the way loved this post on planned impulsiveness - must make that a goal for next year...should probably start planning on it now :)
I live for poorly written news script. That is, hands down, among the best I have EVER heard.
Funny! Chris and I laughed. I consider the post Tim just wrote (about your travels) to be your Christmas card. Great picture. What's wrong with and ecard and blog post for Christmas? (okay so I'm rationalizing our e-christmas-card this year).
Post a Comment