Friday, February 23, 2007

The tundra is melting...


After enduring (er, surviving) the coldest two weeks of my entire life, I think I can now safely cross the following off of the list of future possible residences for the Weljenkersons:


  1. The Great White North, eh (including Minnesota)

  2. Greenland (not green)

  3. Norland

  4. Siberia

  5. Antarctica

  6. most of Alaska

  7. Any place where residents consider snow plows the year-round vehicle of choice.

The picture does not accurately portray just how cold the last few weeks have been. No, there's not a ton of snow on the ground in this photo. But, what this freeze-frame photo fails to portray is the fact that Tim IS actually FROZEN. I think it was 30 below that day. It took the work of a portable hair dryer and a bucket of hot water to bring him around.

So, I guess what I'm really saying is that I am grateful for this beautiful, sunny, coatless, 50 degree day! Welcome back, Mr. Sunshine. I've missed you.

0 comments: