DISCLAIMER: YOU MUST KNOW THE LYRICS TO THE SONG "GET BACK" BY THE BEATLES IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THIS BLOG AND JUST HOW DORKY I AM.
Breena was a girl who thought she was a loner,
but she knew it couldn't last
Bree Bree left her home in Gilbert Arizona,
just to find a guy with class (okay, stop laughing... I have some class)
Get back
Get back
Get back to where you once belonged
Get back Bree Bree!!
I keep telling Breena that it's OKAY that we're moving to Arizona. Sure, she is coming full circle after spending more than 10 years in Provo, Los Angeles, London, and DC. But baby, now that you've found me, it's time to get back. Your momma's calling for ya. Go home.
As for me, I am pumped to move out to Phoenix. Have you ever seen the movie Raising Arizona? Great flick. I keep having visions of owning a 5th wheel and watering the rocks and dirt in our front yard just like H.I. McDunnough. We also have dreams of owning an El Camino and a Trans Am with a T-top (I think that Arizona is the only place you can still find a Trans Am with an eagle on the hood). Ooooooh baby!!
We certainly are excited to "get back" out west where we will be closer to family. My desire of getting back to the wide open spaces of the desert may not last long, however. The world is our boundary and who knows where we'll end up after Phoenix and for how long. For now though, I know that we both are looking forward to hot weather, hanging with family, Suns games, Last Chance, scorpions, and frying eggs on the sidewalk (Guess which of those items are mine and which are Breena's?).
Look out AZ, it's time to get biz-ay!!

3 comments:
i think AZ is great. i will come visit and you can take me to last chance and we will talk about the days when i bought my first pair of designer jeans there....now look at me.
no seriously when are you moving. i am trying to coordinate a trip and want to see you...
you guys never respond to your blog comments. honestly people taking blogging seriously.
Post a Comment