Friday, April 06, 2007

March Recap

My dear friend Louise does this every month and I think it's a great idea. However, I don't have the photographic memory that she does, so I apologize in advance for things I might leave out.

March Highlights

March 9-11: Mother Theresa's 50th Birthday Bash in Vegas with Mo-T (as Tim affectionately calls my mom), Lorrie, Bethany, Laura, Elise and my cute nephew, Carter (the only male allowed on this wild weekend). We shopped, ate, Phantom-ed, spa-ed, and enjoyed our plush accomodations at the Venetian. No NASCAR races, sorry sweetie.

March 11-19: Spring Break in Utah with Family. Tim and I spent a week enjoying time away from school and work. We ate some great home cookin, played some Rummikub (I'm still undefeated), watched a lot of March Madness and just relaxed with our families

March 23: Monthly trip to the Washington DC Temple. I will miss this place when we move.

March 26: Sold the lease on our apartment. Our cross-country move is now official. We make the cross-country trek to Arizona in mid-May with the much appreciated help of Pablo (who will be driving the moving van). For those we have not told--Tim's was accepted to Thunderbird's International MBA program in Phoenix and he starts in August. I finish my coursework this semester and will be working on my dissertation from Arizona.

March 28: Much needed hour on the phone with Louise. It had been far too long.

March 28-April 3: Tim's sister Kristy, husband Jon and oldest girls, Katie and Abby came for a visit. We had such a great time. They were the perfect guests and it's way too quiet around our house now...come back.

March 31: Tim won the 1st annual Welker Family March Madness Pool. Pablo was a close second, but it's probably good that Tim won, as he's the only one able to reach the prize money that he taped to my parents wall about 12 feet up.

March 31- April 1: General Conference. Great as always, but I particularly liked this and this and this and this.

Happy April!

0 comments: