We just got home last night from the Jenson Family Vacation, 2007. It's certainly not an easy task to get all 23 of us together at the same time, but we managed to do it for at least a couple of days at Disneyland. This excursion was... well, I think everybody who attended would agree that it was an adventure!! Here is a summary of events:
Thursday: Most everybody arrived that afternoon. A couple of peeps went into the park to get a head start.
Friday: Everybody went to Disneyland. Yay!! We went on a bunch of rides, I ate mucho Dole Whips, and we stuffed ourselves at the Blue Bayou Restaurant. Mmmmmmm, these guys have the best prime rib I've ever had. And the best Monty Cristos. And the best chocolate pirate gold pieces.
Saturday: Day at Newport Beach. It wasn't very warm, the water was cold, and it was overcast, but I still managed to get fried to a crisp. Never underestimate the UV rays that ocean clouds can give off. Breena went to Leslie's bridal shower and had a fun afternoon with the girls. We met up later at Knott's Berry Farm and had Grandma Knott's famous CHICKEN dinner. Since there were so many of us, we had to stray from the normal and get the communist dinner, where everybody had to get the same thing. We didn't even have a choice how many ice cubes we had in our boysenberry juice. It was still fantastic as always though and we had a good time.
Sunday: Things start getting interesting. The Bu-vomit plague hits and Katie and Mary go down as casualties. I would go into details, but I think the name I've given this flu bug speaks for itself. Those poor kids stay in bed while the rest of us have a little birthday party for ME, haha. We just hung out and played some grandma Ann games. Breena and I went to go catch up with my best friend Jake who lives down in Huntington.
Monday: (Not for those with weak stomachs.. Lou...) Monday was another Disneyland day. What a great time. The guy working the Dole Whip stand that morning was amazing. It was the best, doliest, whippiest pineapple treat I'd ever had. The California Screamin' roller coaster was awesome (see photo above). 0 to 55 mph in 2 seconds. Sweeeeet. Unfortunately, the Bu-vomit bug spread it's wrath unexpectedly among others in the family. Both of the photos above were taken in the same day. You can't really tell from the pictures, but I am not wearing the same shirt in both of them. See my sweet 3 year old niece Libby-Lu sitting next to me in the tea cup? Well, we had been talking about going on the tea cups together all weekend. Finally we got our chance. We never made it though. We were waiting in line and I was holding her in my arms when the plague hit... I don't think I will ever be able to eat at the Pizza Port again. I have never seen so much... yeah... come out of a small child. All over me, all over her, all over the ground. Yackity yack, Bu-vomit attack. I passed her off to her mother, and as we dashed for the bathroom, the crowds of people parted as if Moses were parting the Red Sea. As soon as we were cleaned up, Libby decided that she was ready to try for the tea cups again. Ummm.... no. We did, however, get our picture taken in the tea cup above. Later that night after everybody went to bed, Bu-vomit hit Breena, Abby, Ben, Wendy, and Hannah. Mom and Kristy had mild cases.
Tuesday: Dad goes down. Everybody was checking out and driving home, and most of us were down for the count. Somehow I avoided getting hit but Breena is just now beginning to eat again. Whatever this thing was, it was nasty. I am only speaking for myself, but the vacation was a great success despite the plague. And yes, Disneyland is STILL the happiest place on earth!!
Best Rides: Tower of Terror, California Screamin', and Space Mountain. Tea cups didn't make the list this time.
Best Meals: Dole Whips, Blue Bayou, and Yahoo's... or is it Haha's? Woowoo's?
Survivors: Unknown. I'm just glad we made it home alive.
Long Term Effects: Sorry Mo-T... el barfo incident with Libby has set back by at least a year any plans that Breena and I previously had to start a family.
1 comments:
Tim, you just get funnier and funnier with your posts - I love them! Thanks for the heads up to me about the tea-cup incident! I appreciated being prepared! Yuck!
Bree Bree, hope you're feeling better! Sorry you weren't well!
Lou xx
Post a Comment