Granted we're behind and this happened nearly 3 weeks ago, but I thought that I'd give a little report on our trip to Budapest, Hungary. This trip was quite fun, as there were seven of us this time... Breena's padres and her brother Brett, along with Lou and Jonathon came along for a great time. My own impressions of the city were quite good. The graffiti coming into the train station was fantastic; seriously, these peeps know how to vandalize a wall with some style. Our trip also disspelled some previously held stereotypes about the country. For example, the Hungarian people are not starving as much as you might think. Also, I was surprised to find that the majority of people living in Budapest are Christian, despite what the name might indicate. Traveling sure is educational!!
All in all, I think that Budapest is our favorite European city thus far. The two sides of the Danube river are absolutely magnificent when lit up at night. Don't have pics to post now... hopefully we'll get them up soon.
13 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment