Sunday, June 15, 2008

Motor Muster!!

Last weekend we went to Henry Ford's Greenfield Village, which is basically a late 19th early 20th century historical theme park. Ford spent his money buying everything from trains, to houses, to windmills. If the items aren't original, supposedly they are spitten image replicas. For example, there is Thomas Edison's workshop, the Wright Brothers' childhood home, and Mr. Ford's soybean laboratory. You can also find the country's only active train roundhouse and the oldest running locomotive. People walk around dressed in pioneer clothes and actually work in the fields with sickles and stuff. I saw one pioneer couple pushing a modern day, hi-tech baby stroller... I remained puzzled about the correlation until Breena pointed out that the couple probably wasn't part of the theme park, but actual Mennonites who were visiting the park, same as us. That would explain the authentic Brigham beard.

The best part of our visit was that it was Motor Muster weekend, where car collectors from all around bring their false idols for everybody else to enjoy. There were some real goodies....

Probably my favorite Ford T-bird model, though I don't know the year because I'm not a nerd like that.
Ohhhh man. This is a favorite. The Pontiac Trans Am... 1972? I am a nerd like that. Who isn't a fan of these? My favorite model though was the one used in that old TV show The Fall Guy.

Ummmm... a Chevrolet Chevelle? 50's? I dunno.
The classic Chevy Corvette... I even love the colors.
Okay, this is a real gem. This is a 1972 Yamaha 250 Enduro. My family was raised on this exact bike, only it was a 1975. This bike was in mint condition (except for a little ding you see on the gas tank). Amazing. I don't that the one my dad bought was EVER in mint condition.
This is a 1 door, 3-wheeled BMW I don't know what to call it
.
The Gremlin. Haven't seen one of these since Wayne's World.
Mmmmm.... more muscle......
This potato bug car (I can't remember the actual name of it) is extremely unique. There are only 6 of them left in the world. Sad, but I think we'd get along just fine without it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Potato Bug Car gets my vote...I would drive it.