Monday, June 30, 2008

One more reason to love DC!

No people, I don't mean Diet Coke, although you should love that too. I'm talking about Washington, DC. Lovely Sarah just emailed me with news that two of my favorite British restaurant chains will be opening in DC--Wagamama and Nando's. See here.



My BF Louise and I ate at Wagamama's every day the week leading up to her wedding in 2005. We were running all around London taking care of last minute arrangements and somehow always ended up at a table in one of the many Wagamamas in town. Now whenever I visit, we plan our schedule around at least a couple of visits to these places. Geography by restaurant. That's how we do things.

Just thought I'd pass the good news on to anyone living in or visiting DC.

P.S. Try the Yasai Katsu Curry at Wagamama. You can thank me later.

5 comments:

Ryan and PJ Olson said...

I really need to get out more! When I plan a trip, I know who to call to find out the best places to visit and eat. I'm so glad you are still the Diet Coke Queen, another fond memory! :)

Gabbitas Family said...

You guys are in DC too? We didn't go to the mall to watch the fireworks. We didn't feel like taking that adventure with a toddler. We went and saw a pretty awesome show at a high school in Fairfax, VA. We went with my cousin and his family.

Cheryl said...

I love it - geography by restaurant. Wagamama's is so awesome! I totally remember going there w/ you. I can talk about food/restaurants all day!

Meg said...

I am not sure we can be friends anymore, now that we are not going to be neightbors!

No I a just teasing if I could do it over again we would be at the Lodges as well! We can't wait to have you guys close.

CHAD & ELISE TYSICK said...

mmm I love wagamamas! Carter keeps asking when his aunt B is gonna come visit him. I just tell him your off visiting the WORLD while practicing to make him a cousin. haha. No he doesn't really talk that well...but he can sing you 'twinkle,twinkle' if you want