Thursday, July 24, 2008

Favoritas Nuevas, Part Dos

I did the first installment of this series back in February when we were living in Monterrey, Mexico. Not surprisingly, that list focused on one of my favorite topics--FOOD! This list is more swimsuit-friendly.

3 things I love right now:

1. The Elliptical


My fitness-guru sister Laura probably just wet her pants with excitement because she knows how much I dislike the gym and how strongly I have resisted her gymrat-conversion tactics in the past. But sister, since I'm living in 350 square feet for the summer, the gym has suddenly become a magical playground/living room for me. I have never really been able to run (back issues) and still have recurring nightmares about having to "run the mile" in 7th grade, but with the elliptical I can do it. 450 calories in 30 minutes, baby. It's a miracle! Someday when I'm rich and famous (and in one place for more than a year), I want one of these badboys at home so I can watch HGTV while I sweat.

2. Google Reader


I know I'm probably behind the times on this one, but I just discovered google reader a couple of months ago. I'm in love. Now I can stay up to date on all of the education policy blogs that are so overwhelming in number, I would previously just ignore them all...AND I can stay up to date on YOUR blog and home decor blogs. I kind of feel like it's turned me into a bit of a stalker. If I make a comment on your blog like 30 seconds after you post it, it's not because I'm stalking you, it's because I'm in a relationship with google reader.


3. Dr. Wexler's Anti-Acne/Anti-Wrinkle skincare at Bath & Body Works
You might have heard me say that God's worst practical joke was giving me acne and wrinkles at the same time. I had it pretty easy on the acne front as a teenager, so I guess it's my turn, but honestly...this is ridiculous. Dr. Wexler is a genius, though. I've tried A LOT of products--cheap ones, expensive ones--and this has been the best by far. I've been using it for about a month and a half now and it has made a huge difference. It's definitely not cheap, but I started by buying the starter kit (there's one for acne/wrinkles and one just for wrinkles), which lasts about 3 weeks and have picked up a few full-size pieces as they've gone on sale. I think the secret is in the glycolic peel pads...now if only those will go on sale.


Coming Soon: Pics of our trip to Niagara Falls with Pablo and Mother Theresa, and another report on a book by the great Laurel Thatcher Ulrich.

6 comments:

CHAD & ELISE TYSICK said...

I also love the elliptical! I used it everyday when I was prego with carter. It just felt to wierd running on the treadmill with a belly flopping around and a baby kicking me! Its definately a good workout!

Anonymous said...

love the elliptical. I too, no longer run. My knee turns into a grapefruit. Looking forward to sexy group elliptical sessions at the Renaissance! :)
x0x0

ps: good luck with all of your moving

hiltonfam said...

I too love the elliptical.. its a great invention! anyway.. yes it would be shang hai china. Crazy huh? and of course you could come visit! I will need the company. But we still dont quite know where we will be. It may be awhile before we know. Again, the not knowing is KILLING me. Your adventures sound awesome though! What a way to start married life. Thats so fun.

Ryan and PJ Olson said...

I saw that Dr. Wexlers stuff at Bath & Body Works...Good to know! I will have to go back and grab some! What's up with wrinkles and acne at the same time? I thought we were supposed to outgrow one and move into the next phase....

Liz said...

I think I might need to check out the elliptical and Dr. Wexler too! I get so bored on a treadmill. It's sitting in the garage unused.

Jane said...

I think I need get aquainted with Dr. Wexler. I think I might love him or her.