Friday, July 18, 2008

No longer vagabonds...for a few months.

Tim and I just signed a 9 month lease! Woohoo! This is serious commitment for us :) While we've loved our many adventures and living in retirement communities, hotels, haciendas and communist blocks, I'm definitely ready to pull our things out of storage and "settle down" for a few months.

We found a great big one bedroom apartment with high ceilings, crown molding, bay windows, built-ins, double sinks, pool, gym, bbq, grass and every lovely oversized american appliance that we dearly missed during our international adventures. I'm still in shock how much you get for your rental dollar in Arizona...reverse sticker shock. Guess that's what living in LA, London and DC does to a person.

It's near Tim's school so that he won't have to commute 2+ hours/day anymore. We're really looking forward to being near Thunderbird friends and having some space to call our own (and hopefully being in a less wacked-out ward than the Mesa one).

I'm flying back to AZ in 2 weeks to move our stuff in with the help of Pablo and the Brothers and we'll officially be living there a few weeks later. So friends...come visit!

5 comments:

Louise said...

I'm so happy for you guys, it sounds great! Can't wait to see pictures! I read your post and then told Jonathon that you would need my help with the unpacking and really I should fly out to be with you!! Surprisingly, he didn't go for that plan! ;o( Darn it! Love you - chat soon!

Ryan and PJ Olson said...

This is a HUGE commitment, I am SO excited! We are definitely doing lunch. I need a girls day out sans the kiddos. Let me know when and what we can do to help!

Gabbitas Family said...

We would love to come visit! I've always wanted to see what an apartment looks like from the inside. The outside is nice enough. I'm excited for comfortable furniture - bed, couch, everything! I can't imagine what you guys have given up the last while.

Jane said...

Although I am sure you will miss your travels, it sounds nice to stay in one, nice spot for a while. I would love to come visit. Sounds like you will be living near my old stomping ground.

The Doughracle said...

Hey Breena,
Welcome to my new world! I bet you are loving it, that and your new eliptical :)
Hop all is well and only wish we could come visit! :) Alas some other time, till then enjoy and have fun!