Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Diet Confessional

Between the move-to-Arizona-induced-depression last fall and the international smorgasbord last spring, I've packed on a few pounds over the past year (not to mention the extra few I already had). And they need to go. Now. I did well in June and July. I exercised regularly and watched what I ate and lost some poundage. August and September have been a different story, though, and I've lost a little ground. So here I am, with 12 weeks left in 2008, recomitting to lose 15 pounds by the new year. 15 pounds in 12 weeks is totally reasonable, even factoring in the holiday binging.

I woke up and hit the treadmill this morning and I already feel my energy levels going up. My back has been screaming at me to exercise (in the form of stiffness and muscle spasms) for the past couple of weeks. I also found a great FREE website that lets to track your weight and record what you eat. www.weighttracker.info. I'm really motivated by statistics and graphs (I'm a researcher, people, leave me alone), so I find this little tool really helpful.

If anyone else is working on diet or fitness goals and want to form little blogosphere support group let me know.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

I DEFINITELY have some baby weight to lose! you and your tredmill have inspired me, I think I'll hit the gym tonight...it's been awhile.

Molly said...

Hey Breena! It has been a long time! Whatever you do...DON'T have a baby until you are ready to get really fat! I have been working on those last 10 pounds for 2 years now! Not fun! Check out thedailyplate.com. It is pretty cool and has graphs and pie charts, percentages and all that stuff.

Meg said...

B,

I would LOVE to come and work out with you. Like you I have packed on some serious unwanted ounds that need to come off. If you are ever in need of a work out partner let me know. I have to do it with some one or else I am not motivated.. I need help..

Kookie said...

Breena! I'm glad you found me. Boy, it's been forever! Look us up if you come out here for some job interviews. And thanks for the diet info. I was going to try weight watchers, but I'll give your tool a chance first! Keep in touch!
Kelli

Mindy and Tyler said...

Hi Breena! I'm so excited to find your blog. I'm with you on the need to lose poundage. I lost a bunch at the beginning of the year, but the summer was a roller coaster of pregnancies and miscarriages and now I need to work on it some more. I'm trying for 10 by the end of the year.