Help people. I'm not sleeping. Any remedies or recommendations?
Yeah, yeah. I have heard that kids are the best cure for insomnia because you're always exhausted, but since that's not an immediate option (and I'd like to start sleeping, like, um tonight) please share your secrets.
I've also heard it helps to eliminate stressors, but the dissertation is not going away anytime soon and the lack of sleep isn't helping me make any progress.
I'm not opposed to druggage, but the Tylenol PM hangover leaves my brain mushy the following day and I'd like not to slur my words anymore.
I lay awake for hours having conversations in my head and writing blogs and dissertation chapters in my head and I'm starting to feel as crazy as this sentence makes me sound. Help.
13 years ago
9 comments:
Breena, I have the same problem sometimes. The brain just won't shut off. I tried Tylenol PM and it put me to sleep and then I woke up in the middle of the night with the ceiling spinning. I never took it again, it freaked me out. Just this last year, I discovered Melatonin pills. They are natural and in the herb/vitamin section at the store. I am not a big fan of herbal rememdies, but these actually put me to sleep, don't make me groggy if I wake up early, and are completely non-addictive. I like to use them when I travel, because I can't sleep in anyone else's bed. Good luck, I hope that helps.
Hi Weena! I like to go for a long walk or workout a couple hourse before bed. How shower and reading and I'm sure to fall asleep. Something about getting nervous energy or wiggles out of the system help me relax by bedtime.
Mo T's excedrin in the am, tylenol in the pm not working for you?!haha
valerian root. Actually reading before I go to bed always puts me to sleep. I have another natural remedy its called Carter. Ill let you borrow him no charge.
When I am pregnant I get insomnia, I am just sayin' . . =)
I get too much on my mind and wake up for hours at a time, drives me NUTS!!! I wish I had a solution for you.
Call me in the UK when you're awake - obviously I'm not dull enough to put you to sleep, but at least it will give you something to do!!! ;o)
Insomnia?! With your intellibed?! Sorry, there is no hope for you. :) Actually, just think of all those days hanging out with Don and Pablo. Don just had a good elk hunt and I could tell you the story...that will put you right out.
It's easy. You just gotta think about nothin'. If you don't know what nothin' thinks like, just think of air.
Breena,
What about al-ke-hol?
I'm sure when the Schnapps is used for 'medicinal' purposes it's ok, right? ;) (Boy, do I wish that were so...)
If you find anything out will you please share...
Post a Comment