Best New Soda
Topo Chico Sangria Light. It is so good, people. How good? It could replace diet coke in my diet...that's how good. And today I discovered that the Costco here carries it in bulk. Now I just have to convince my husband that we do have room in the car to transport 100 bottles home. Best New Restaurant
Beirut. Yes, as in Lebanon. Who knew I would have to move to Mexico to have the best Lebanese food of my life? And they have a dessert even better than baclava--dedos reinas or queens fingers--mmm. I think I've had more lebanese than mexican food since we arrived. There is a huge Lebanese community here in Monterrey. The owner of this restaurant is from Lebanon and her husband is the US Consul General here in Monterrey. We love Beirut, especially since it is only 1 block from our apartment. I love being able to walk to shops and restaurants again (one of the things I missed most when we moved from DC to AZ).Best Cheap Eats
Apparently, Dona is an affectionate term for grandma. Tota is also an affectionate term for grandma. So Tim and I like to go to Granny Grandma's for our gorditas. They are delicious. I like to get Pollo Pibil (a spicy shredded chicken) and Panella (a light mozerella-type cheese) on my gorditas. Tim likes the Pollo Pibil and Picadillo (ground beef) on his. Everything is so fresh, delicious and they only cost like 70 cents each. Once again...geography by restaurant. I can't help myself.
0 comments:
Post a Comment