Thursday, February 21, 2008

Valentines Day 2008.

Tim is in trouble. Again. We promised we weren't going to do presents on Valentine's, because our Cancun trip was our gift to each other. Tim didn't keep his promise. Even in Mexico he managed to find these gorgeous roses for me (and without the help of proflowers.com I should add). I kept my end of the bargain. Tim didn't receive any presents from me, but I did spend an embarrassing amount of time in the card section of the store attempting to translate valentines cards and find one appropriate for mi esposo. After about an hour of sifting through cards, I turned a card over and noticed the convenient english translation. Yes, all of the cards had an english translation on the back :) I don't consider it wasted time, though. I learned some new phrases en espanol por mi amor.


For dinner, we went to an incredible Argentine restaurant recommended by Les & Alex. It was delicious. We had who knows how many courses and I got to sample some of Tim's favorite dishes from his mission. Salads, empanadas, the argentine equivalent of filet mignon. And dessert, of course. They also had this amazing topping called creolla or something. It was a very pungent pico de gallo sort of topping and I felt the need to put it on everything. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and has a recipe let me know. It was even better than the chimichurri.

Flowers + Food + an amazing husband = the perfect Valentines Day.

0 comments: