Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why Brits shouldn't call basketball games...

I've mentioned before the lack of English TV here in Prague. We do get CNN, BBC, MSNBC, and occasionally a game or event on the Eurosport channel will be called in English.

Right now I'm watching some of the Euro League Basketball playoffs. And watching former Jazz player Dee Brown who now plays for Turkish team Galatasaray. There are two Brits calling the game (I didn't know Brits even knew what a basketball was) and I've never seen anything more hilarious. They don't exactly know all the terms (foul, free throw, travelling...it's confusing, i know) but at least they're enthusiastic. With phrases like "Blimey, this is turning into a right spectacle" who wouldn't want to watch? So maybe we should ship some Brits over to take over for Doug Collins and Bill Walton.

Dee Brown just hit the game winning 3-pointer. Go Galatasaray!

0 comments: